The 2013 Nissan Sentra SL 1.8 looks like the little brother of the Nissan Altima with a few changes to head and tail lights and the rear end. But all in all, Nissan has managed to produce a compact, handsome little car that is both fuel efficient and costs low. On the inside it is quite roomy with special focus to rear legroom and higher roof towards the end for comfortable sitting before the roofline joins smoothly to the rear end.
2013 Nissan Sentra SL 1.8
With a bit of wood trimming, clear design lines, smart buttons on the steering wheels and a navigation display, the interior gives you an impression of nothing less than luxurious. With rear seats that can be completely folded down, the 2013 Nissan Sentra SL 1.8 becomes extremely spacious. Six airbags, three drive modes and a rear facing camera are some of its highlighting features.
Comparison 2012 – 2013
- When compared to the Sentra of last year, you can see and maybe feel some noticeable changes like a lighter weight. The 2013 Nissan Sentra SL 1.8L is a whole 150 pounds less in weight than that of last year’s and that is not all. Surprisingly when the costs of everything is going up, Nissan has managed to bring down the price of the new Sentra by $440 from last year, starting now at a base price of $15,990; alongside, the car has also been provided with LED-accented headlights and taillights.
- While other changes are being noticed from last year’s Sentra, the 2013 Nissan Sentra SL 1.8 also features a new 130hp, 1.8litre, four-cylinder engine as compared to the 2.0L inline four engine. The base trim of the Nissan Sentra gets a six speed manual transmission whereas all other trims have CVT or the Xtronic Continuously Variable Automatic Transmission. The engine and transmission combined with its lighter weight and lesser pound feet of torque from before vouches for more fuel economy of up to 13%.
Trims and Prices
- The 2013 Nissan Sentra SL 1.8 is available in 6 different trims. The base Nissan Sentra S gives 39mpg and 30mpg (highway/city) with a starting price of $15,990. It is supplied with a standard package of manual transmission with power windows and air conditioning.
- The 2013 Nissan Sentra FE+ S will be available for $17,660 producing 40mpg and 30mpg (highway and city). This sedan will be loaded with Xtronic CVT, rear spoiler, low-rolling resistance tires and aero deflectors.
- Nissan Sentra SV costs $17,970 producing 39 and 30mpg on highway and city, will be featuring cruise control, premium cloth interior and S Equipment Plus.
- Nissan Sentra FE+ SV starts at $18, 370 with rear spoiler, SV Equipment Plus, aero deflectors and low-rolling resistance tires.
- Nissan Sentra SR will be available for $18,870 featuring the SV Equipment Plus, 17” aluminium-alloy wheels, premium cloth interior, rear spoiler and sport grille with front and rear fascias.
- Finally the Nissan Sentra SL will be starting at $19,760 producing 39 and 30mpg on highway and city respectively also offering Nissan Intelligent Key, Dual Zone Auto Temp Control, besides Smart Auto headlights and SV Equipment Plus.