Diesel vehicles are gradually gaining their importance in the automobile market across the world as consumers decide to look out for various alternatives that can help them save more money that they usually spend on gasoline. Most of the car manufacturers that were reluctant to come up with diesel versions of their popular vehicles have decided to look back into their business strategies and have come up with the diesel versions. Although, Porsche has been focusing on gasoline engine vehicles the 2013 Porsche Cayenne S V8 Diesel sounds like a better vehicle that will be out in the market soon enough.
Porsche Cayenne S V8 Diesel
- In terms of exterior design there is not much difference between the regular Porsche Cayenne that is available in the market and the S V8 diesel one. The company has made some minor changes to the overall styling but the basic design factor remains unchanged providing a diesel version to consumers that would like to buy the regular Porsche Cayenne but with a diesel engine.
- Porsche already understands that Cayenne is one of the biggest sellers in the United States but now they are targeting consumers that would not like to spend too much on their vehicles or they don’t have such high budget.
- The car comes with 4.2 liter twin turbocharged V8 diesel engine that has the capability to produce 381 horsepower and 627 lb feet of torque which is exceptionally good for the car in the same segment. The car offers more horsepower performance than the base gasoline powered Cayenne.
- The car can accelerate zero to 62 mph in just 5.7 seconds which is a second slower than the conventional gasoline powered version. The engine is connected to the eight speed automatic transmission and has start/stop function to save more fuel.
- The car is definitely fuel efficient as it can provide 28 mpg in the European test that was conducted.
- Porsche has also worked hard on the interiors of the vehicle but with Cayenne S V8 diesel they have decided to go for similar interiors. The company believes that they have already done good job with the interiors with Cayenne gasoline version and they would like to keep similar interiors for the diesel version as well.
- Porsche has decided to keep the diesel version off US market at the moment but it is estimated that the price will be around $93,000 when it is officially launched.