Luxury sedans still have a better market value and therefore Porsche has come up with an updated 2013 Porsche Panamera that offers tons of features for the buyers. Porsche has been trying to offer more features to the buyers and therefore by introducing 2013 Panamera the Italian car maker has expanded the range of sedans that are being offered in the Porsche stable. 2013 Porsche Panamera is available in eight different variants and therefore Porsche has tried to offered something to every buyer that is looking for a luxury sedan that can fit the budget and requirements.
Here we take a quick look at some of the top features of the vehicle in the 2013 Porsche Panamera review below.
- The overall design of the 2013 Porsche Panamera is similar on the lines of the 2012 Panamera and it offers the hatchback style rear side which makes it looks sporty. Porsche has kept the overall structure of the vehicle similar but have made some tweaks to the design to make it look new, stylish and aerodynamic in every possible way.
- The base model offers 18 inch wheels, automatic xenon headlights, LED daytime running lights, sunroof, power rear hatch and auto-dimming mirrors. While the Turbo and Turbo S models get 19 inch wheels that make it look better.
- The front fascia of the vehicle has been updated but most of the times it looks identical because the changes made to the front fascia are very minor.
- The 2013 Porsche Panamera base model is powered by front mounted 3.6 liter V6 engine that has the capability to produce 300 horsepower and 295 lb feet of torque. The car can accelerate from zero to 60 mph in 5.8 seconds which is good acceleration speed. However, this is exactly the same performance that you can expect from the 2012 Porsche Panamera base model.
- Like all the previous Panameras 2013 Porsche Panamera also has the Auto Start Stop button that offer buyers to save more fuel. The car offers EPA estimates of 18 mpg in the city and 27 mpg on the highway which is again similar to the 2012 version.
- The S and 4S versions also deliver 400 horsepower and 369 lb feet of torque from the 4.8 liter V8 engine while the Turbo and Turbo S has the same twin-turbocharged V8 engine that delivers 500 horsepower and 516 lb feet of torque.
- 2013 Porsche Panamera comes with all the standard safety features like antilock disc brakes, stability and traction control, front and rear side airbags, side curtain airbags, front knee airbags. Carbon-ceramic disc brakes offer better options to brake at incredibly short distances providing extra safety to the driver.
- In terms of style Porsche has already made sure that Panamera drivers get the pleasure of their driving experience and therefore this sedan offers ultimate luxurious feel. The styling cues are picked up from Porsche 911. The driver gets all the information through tachometer, speedometer and multifunction display and various gauges attached to it.
- However, 2013 Panamera still lacks the centralized control system which means driver has to look through wide range of buttons and knobs that can take some attention. The comfort level in the cabin is superior and the car offers maximum space to all the four people in the car. The rear seats are good enough for tall passengers with hatchback style cargo that can offer lot of space for the luggage.
- 2013 Porsche Panamera is priced in the market for $75,850 and above.
2013 Porsche Panamera is definitely one of the most luxurious touring car that you can find in the market. It is a high performance car that offers lot of comfort and striking features but in terms of performance the new Panamera is as good as the 2012 version offering the same performance and engine options. Buyers that are interested in price of the car can still go for 2012 version to get the similar deal.
- 8 Engine Choices
- Better Fuel Economy
- Luxurious Comfort
- Better Cabin Features
- Better Handling
- Lacks Central Control System
- High Price
- Four Seats Only
- Similar Engine Specs as 2012 Version