Volkswagen is definitely trying to capture the diesel market in the United States with some of the best diesel vehicles that have been competing the American brands. Now, Volkswagen has decided to bring out the hybrid versions into the market that can offer better options and features to the car buyers without compromising on the fuel efficiency and speed. With TDI engines Volkswagen raced ahead of the others in the diesel market but the new 2013 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid is one step ahead in terms of performance and fuel economy. Let’s take a quick look at the top features and options in the vehicle in 2013 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid review.
2013 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid
- On the outside, Volkswagen has made sure that they would keep the design to the minimal to avoid any speed issues. The new 2013 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid is not too jazzy on the outside and looks like any regular TDI Jetta but Volkswagen has used the hybrid logo in the front to differentiate between the two different versions.
- On the rear side, Volkswagen has decided to keep things simple and therefore the rear taillights are as simple as they could be to ensure that it works well with consumers that would like to buy cars that are not too expensive.
- Volkswagen claims that they have made minor tweaks to the overall shape of the vehicle to reduce aerodynamic drag that can affect the fuel economy of the vehicle, but that is hardly noticeable to most buyers.
- Under the hood, 2013 Volkswagen Jetta Hybrid is all performance that is powered through the 1.4 liter four cylinder engine that is paired with 27 horsepower electric motor. The new vehicle also has seven speed dual clutch automatic transmission that offers really good fuel economy.
- The engine has the capability to produce around 140 horsepower and with that car owners get decent speed that is good considering that the vehicle is not the convention gasoline engine but hybrid. The combined EPA of the vehicle is around 45 mpg which is not the best in the industry but it is certainly better than Jetta diesel.
- Volkswagen claims that this vehicle is the fastest hybrid on the road and it certainly lives up to the expectations.
- On the inside, Volkswagen has made sure that they do not make the vehicle too expensive by using too much of premium materials. Hence, the interiors are well done but it won’t offer the luxurious feel to the drivers and passengers.
- Right in front of the wheel the tachometer has been replaced by power meter. The digital instrument cluster display stays in the middle to offer all the information to the driver. In other words, the interior is very much identical to the diesel version.
- There is a lot of space and legroom for the passengers and that is something that will boost the profile of the vehicle. There is enough space for the cargo as well for those who want better space.
- Volkswagen has announced that they will keep the base price of the vehicle starting at $22,990.