Aston Martin has always been among the top car makers in the world and they have the reputation of making Bond cars that have allowed them to get the international exposure that they need. After a long gap of almost six to seven years Aston Martin has now concentrated on Aston Martin Vanquish that once was the flagship sports car for the company. However, Aston Martin replaced DBS with Vanquish but the company has decided that now is the right time for the car to make a comeback into the market. The all new 2014 Aston Martin Vanquish is certainly not the kind of car that has superior specifications but it certainly offers value for money in some departments.
Let’s take a quick look at the top features of the car in the 2014 Aston Martin Vanquish review below.
- Compared to the 2006 Vanquish the new updated model is much lighter and more stylish as well. The company has focused on the overall design of the car and has made it aerodynamic, light and stylish to ensure that they turn heads when the car is unveiled.
- The two seat high performance coupe offers 20 inch alloy wheels, xenon headlights, LED accent lights, power folding and heated mirrors, front and rear parking sensors, and better carbon fiber exterior elements.
- The overall body of the car is made from carbon fiber and therefore the car is much lighter than the 2006 Vanquish that was made from superformed aluminum allowing it to be more fuel efficient.
- The car is powered by front mid-mounted 6.0 liter V12 engine that has the capability to produce 565 horsepower and 457 lb feet of torque. The engine is coupled with six speed automatic transmission with column mounted shift paddles. The previous version of the car offered similar engine but produced only 520 horsepower and 425 lb feet of torque.
- The 2014 Aston Martin Vanquish is really good in terms of acceleration securing zero to 60 mph in 4.2 seconds, but it fails to beat McLaren or Lamborghini that falls in the same category. However, Aston Martin Vanquish performs better than the 2006 version where it achieves the same acceleration in 4.8 seconds which means that the car accelerates 6 seconds faster.
- Since 2014 Aston Martin Vanquish is a high performance coupe it offers better safety features like antilock ceramic disc brakes, stability and traction control, side curtain airbags, pelvis and thorax side seat airbags, better parking sensors and rearview camera for better view of the rear side. In the earlier version, side curtain airbags and stability control options were completely missing but Aston Martin has added those to the new Vanquish.
- The interior of the car still offers the same deep center console that divides front passenger and the driver. However, Aston Martin has worked hard on the interior cabin and offered exquisite leather to the seats and dashboard making it look luxurious.
- However, the controls on the console are not that great and luxurious buyers will not find it inviting at all. Some of the controls and knobs are flimsy and prone to damages which means that driver and front passenger has to be cautious about handling these controls delicately. However, compared to other super car and coupes in the market 2014 Aston Martin Vanquish offers better cargo space.
- Aston Martin has still not provided the MSRP for the vehicle but it is estimated that the car price will be around $297,000 and above.
- The 2014 Aston Martin Vanquish certainly has a competition at hand with Ferrari F12 Berlinetta which beats 2014 Vanquish in terms of specifications but will have a higher price tag. On the other hand, Vanquish is more of a luxury car that offers better appearance but the car is good for those who want stylish looking sports car that can perform as well and for one who is ready to spend more money on such an expensive piece.
- Superior Engine Performance
- Better Safety Features
- Luxurious Interiors
- Better Trunk Space
- High Price
- Flimsy Center Console Controls